Skip to main content
WHAT EVERY GRADUATE / GRADUATING STUDENT SHOULD KNOW

Don't be a victim of the economic situation of your country but be of influence
No matter the economic situation of the jungle the lion never eats grass
Start been a lion today

So here I am thinking of what's next for me after Graduation and there's this pit hole in my stomach. Yes! Do you or did you feel same way too when you were about graduating from college?
Or Are you trying to figure out what's next for you after Graduation? Oh don't worry about that; I promise you that as you continue to read along you'd figure it out.
So here I'm on my couch trying to figure out what's next for me and I felt I should share this with my readers.

Truth is most unemployed graduates put blame on the government for their inability to get a job, corruption and all of that but trust me if you know what you want for yourself you wouldn't be a victim of the economic situation of your country because first and foremost you need to


1) Find Yourself :
Yes Find Yourself.
Know yourself better.
Have a chit chat with yourself.
Discover more about you.
Be sure you know what you want for yourself.
Truth is many people have dreams of what they want for themselves but yet are too lazy to set goals and strategies to accomplish their dreams.
Finding yourself entails not just looking out for your innermost best qualities and say "Yes! I deserve to work here or I deserve to be this"
Believe it or not guys If you have nothing to offer then you don't count. The world is to busy looking for genius and not mediocre
So spend time analyzing and criticise yourself and then set strategies to work on what you've discovered.

2) Analyse the environment you're in.
Stay updated on what's going on around you; this would give you an insight of what next to do. There are loads of graduates who find it less interesting listening to the news or reading newspapers but solely depend on updates from friends and neighbors. Another thing accept to be a responsible individual in your environment; it would help curb corruption

3) Enjoy developing yourself by learning additional skills and improving your skills, learn new languages, read and stay updated, expand your vocabulary and engage in self development activities
This would not only help your curriculum vitae rich but it would expose you to opportunities around you.

4) Surround yourself with people of interest: this simply means choose the people you associate yourself with, they should be able to help you grow in your career of interest; they could be mentors far or near. This should prepare you for the labor market.

5) Being a graduate is a wake-up call to reality: it has it way of saying you're ready for the labour market, you're ready for responsibility and etc. So your attitude ought to change.
It seems scary right?
But reality is that if you want to take over the labour market and live the Dream you'd have to discipline yourself through it and this includes
1) How you Dress
2)your communication skills
3)your attitude
4)your relationship

6) Humility: As a fresh graduate don't look out for how much you're to earn but work towards earning experience and love what you do; don't worry once this is settled the money would definitely come.
What most firms look out for is employees experience and expertise. it's the goal of every firm stay competitive in it's industry so don't get mad because that's the job requirements.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW I GOT RID OF ACNE So late last year 2015 I had this very terrifying acne experience; I've always been prone to pimple but not like the once that had appeared on my face. At first I was thinking it's due to change of environment since I had just returned from school back to Nigeria, so I prayed they just disappear as soon as possible,  This was somet ime around December 2015; but Instead of my face healing it was getting worse.  Not too long every one I knew became a cosmetologist, offering different advice on what I could do, I read blogs, I fell in love with any acne help product I came across; from scrubbing my face with baking powder, to cleanser and fade out black spots face lotion nothing seemed to be working for me. My Dear I gave up! Gave up applying make up because I felt those color corrector I was applying before and after my foundation were doing more harm than good so I'd purchase another once it's finished.  We've seen amazing wonders of ma...

Getting Hitched

Been Married for Three months traditionally and two months legally and in the sight of God. I tend to see and listen to many single ladies drowl and gush on the thought of getting Married. Now don't get me wrong there's absolutely nothing wrong with that if only it's for the right reasons and with a proper understanding of the word "Marriage". During school days i was opportuned to have several amazing friends who'd gush and fantasies on their dream wedding mostly when they go online and check out videos and stories on some of the top Nigerian weddings via Instagram. Back then for me I wasn't really all blown away by the thought of having a fabulous wedding and what not; I was rather more of a  " I am happy and that's all that counts".  I had my boyfriend then back in school and we were really happy but never for once did I allow the thought of marriage sink in because quote me wrong but I felt marriage would ruin everythin...

Fifteen Things I Would Teach My Daughter

Motherhood is overwhelming . I mean all what I think about is ensuring a sustainable and bright future for my baby girl. For me having a baby girl is like recreating the mini version of yourself and doing anything possible to avert her from making the same mistakes you made and encouraging her to do things you wished you'd have done but was too scared to do. Now that's my truth, I can't say for any other person. Fact is I can't manipulate my daughter's future neither is it right to dictate her life, but here are things I'd love to teach her.  Your Gender Doesn't Define What You Should Do,  Become or Love:  Growing up as a young girl society made me believe some certain things are meant for the male and also for the female; from career choices to hobbies, even as far as to politics, TV shows or entertainment etc.Now this is not a sexist blog but I'd love for my baby girl to know that the things she loves and is passionate about isn't and shouldn...